The will be a DUAL BOOK SIGNING featuring two authors on Saturday, April 30th, at the Arthur Johnson Memorial Library from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. The authors are Kurt Jansen and Sharon Niederman. Both of their books focus on different aspects of New Mexico.
"Vermejo Park Guides:
Their Stories" by Mr. Jansen is sure to be of interest for hunters,
history buffs and those interested in books on northeast New Mexico and
Colfax County. The biographies and stories of these guides cover the past and present and are a wonderful account of the 'guiding' life at Vermejo Park Ranch.
"The New Mexico Farm Table Cookbook: 150 Homegrown Recipes from the
Land of Enchantment" is for anyone interested in food in New Mexico with
a cultural twist.. Long before 'farm to table' eating became a
national trend, New Mexico's small farms and ranches provided for its
families and communities. This book celebrates the authentic, local
ingredients of a true melting pot that combines Native American,
Spanish, American and Mexican cultures and their delicious cuisines.
Both books make a great addition to personal libraries or wonderful
gifts for those people you know will appreciate them. Come down and
enjoy yourself meeting the authors and talking about their work.
- Dual Book Signing with authors Kurt Jansen and Sharon Niederman, Saturday, April 30th, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. See post below for more details.
- FOL Spring Book Sale, Saturday, April 23. See post below for time and location.
- PLEASE NOTE: The blog will be updated a few times a month. For more current information on what is going on at the library, please click the facebook link to the left of this post.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Craft hour is held on Fridays at 3 pm. It is open to all ages, we do recommend that children under 10 be accompanied by an adult or older sibling.
- Raton Science Cafe Meeting on January 14, 2016, at 7 p.m., at the Arthur Johnson Memorial Library. Refreshments will be served at 7 pm
- Basic Computer Class for Beginners is going to be held on February 20, 2016, at 10 am till 4 pm with a lunch break from 12-1. The class size is limited please come and sign up today.
- Basic E-mail class for Beginners will be held on March 19, 2016, from 10 am to 4 pm with a lunch break from 12 to 1, the class size is limited so come and sign up today.
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
The Friends of the Library will be holding their spring book sale on Saturday, April 23, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the second floor of the library. Fiction and non-fiction for readers of all ages will be on the tables. Come early for the best selection and stock up on your summer reading!
Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Are you interested in participating in a Writer's Group? There will be a meeting Friday, November 13, at 10:00 a.m. for those who would like to form a new group. Beginning writers, experienced writers, published or unpublished, all are welcome. There is no criteria for joining this group other than having an interest in any kind of writing. Want to write your memoirs for your family? Are you interested in writing fiction, non-fiction, articles in your area of expertise, blogging? Come and join the like-minded. You can bring samples of your work or not, just as you choose. There will be various discussions with a view to beginning or improving your writing skills and meeting your own personal writing goals. If you enjoy writing and spending time with writers, this is the group for you!