- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
The EarthScope program, held at the library on Thursday, August 14, 2008, was enjoyed by 43 people. Sponsored by the New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science and the New Mexico State Library, "Taking the Earth's Pulse" was presented by vulcanologist Jayne C Aubele and geologist Leo Sandoval. EarthScope is a decade-long national geoscience program that collects data form several multi-disciplinary observatories. A DVD presentation, Power Point presentation, posters, and interactive activities held everyone's interest. The geoscience of New Mexico is a fascinating subject and includes everything from volcanoes to earthquakes. A question and answer period followed the presentations. K-Bob's provided an excellent refreshment table. Those who attended were able to sign up for posters that will be provided by the sponsors of the program. The library and all the interested attendees are very grateful to the sponsors, the EarthScope program and the presenters for providing a top notch program for our community. Special thanks go to coordinator Carolyn Gregory for making it easy to host this program.