We would like to thank all our patrons and supporters for a great 2009. Without those of you who use our library, there would be no reason for us to be here. We would like to offer a special thanks to Steven F. Havill for the fiction writing workshops he has held free of charge (look for another one in January 2010); John Rereich for his generous donation; everyone who purchased a memorial book in honor of a loved one; those who donated books, movies and magazines to the library; those who bring their children to Preschool and Summer Story Hour; those who bring their small ones to the Library Lapsit (and a special thanks to Ida for conducting this great program!); R.B. Minton for continuing with the Raton Science Cafe; our special library board; the City of Raton, including City Hall and the City Commissioners; and especially to those special people who come in regularly and enjoy using our collection! Thank you very much for your support, we look forward to seeing all of you in 2010!
The Staff of the Arthur Johnson Memorial Library
"Essential Oils For Women's Health"
- "Essential Oils for Women's Health", a FREE class presented by Tarin Giacomo, will be held at the library on Saturday, October 14th, at 2:00 p.m. Learn how to support balanced hormone levels, healthy immunity, a restful night's sleep and more using natural essential oils. We look forward to seeing you!
- Crafts With Nikkie, a new children's program, will be held on Thursday, August 17th at 4:00 p.m. in the meeting room. Come and make a beaded necklace!
- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.