. . .that throughout the year, we have averaged approximately 650 visits per week? Why do people come? They come for:
Used books from the Friends
Sometimes they just need a map, or they want to look at the paintings hanging throughout the library. Occasionally they drop in to say hi or get out of the rain.
Your library is about more than books (although they are still our favorite things!). It's a world in itself, and it's populated by all of you.
"Essential Oils For Women's Health"
- "Essential Oils for Women's Health", a FREE class presented by Tarin Giacomo, will be held at the library on Saturday, October 14th, at 2:00 p.m. Learn how to support balanced hormone levels, healthy immunity, a restful night's sleep and more using natural essential oils. We look forward to seeing you!
- Crafts With Nikkie, a new children's program, will be held on Thursday, August 17th at 4:00 p.m. in the meeting room. Come and make a beaded necklace!
- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
The library has just added 14 new Louis L'Amour, two Clive Cussler, two Nicholas Sparks and one Dean Koontz audio books to the collection. These audio books on CD were donated by Kathy Harris. The audio book collection has both CDs and tapes, although audio tapes are being phased out slowly. If you have a car trip to make, an exercise routine, just want to shut out the noise, come take a look at the audio book collection at the Arthur Johnson Memorial Library