The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library in cooperation with the Longfellow After School Program held a bookmark competition in December. Eleven total entries were received . The entries were judged by AJML Advisory Board Members Carol Woodworth, Glenna Brink, Kathy Harris, and Jan Schumpert.
Winner for the Kindergarten was Lauren Murray.
Winner for the 1st Grade was Isaac Valdez.
Winner for the 2nd Grade and Up was Alexie Abbott.
The winners received certificates, stuffed animals, and books. All participants received certificates and stuffed animals. The winning bookmarks have been reproduced and are currently being handed out at the front desk at the AJML Library.
Back roll: Alexie Abbott, Claire Durant, Walter Dunn Front roll: Ethen Rea, Dmiti Abboott, Emma Gum
Not Pictured: Angelica Quintana, Frieda Jo Barela, Stormy Murray, Isaac Valdez, And Lauren Murray.
"Essential Oils For Women's Health"
- "Essential Oils for Women's Health", a FREE class presented by Tarin Giacomo, will be held at the library on Saturday, October 14th, at 2:00 p.m. Learn how to support balanced hormone levels, healthy immunity, a restful night's sleep and more using natural essential oils. We look forward to seeing you!
- Crafts With Nikkie, a new children's program, will be held on Thursday, August 17th at 4:00 p.m. in the meeting room. Come and make a beaded necklace!
- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.