- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
The AJML now has two memory card readers available for patrons to use at the library. These memory card readers support all versons of SD, SDHC, XD, CF, MS & MMC memory cards. These readers will aid you to look at or email photos, listen to music, and view videos or data held on your personal storage devices. They will also aid in transfering from one device to another.
"Getting To Know Your Computer" is a class for computer beginners. This class will teach you how to turn your computer on; how to navigate using the mouse or touch pad; what programs your computer has and how to find them; familiarize you with your desktop icons; show you how to set up a personal email account, including how to log into your email and use it; how to insert a DVD, cd, and the use of media player. Those wishing to take this class MUST sign up with the library, as class space is limited. The library will provide the computers for students to use during the class.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Steven F. Havill, well known author of the "Posadas County" series, modern police procedurals set in New Mexico, will be conducting his Beginning Fiction Writer's Workshop, starting Thursday, January 21, 2010, at 6:00 P.M. at the Arthur Johnson Memorial Library. This workshop is an eight week program and a schedule will be provided during the first workshop for those in attendance. Mr. Havill has written westerns, southwest, and historical novels. His work sells all across the country. He uses his experience as a published author to help beginning fiction writers do the best work possible, with an eye to publication. If you have started a novel, want to write a novel or are interested in learning the ins and outs of writing for publication, come to Mr. Havill's Beginning Fiction Writer's Workshop and hone your craft.