- Crafts With Nikkie, a new children's program, will be held on Thursday, August 17th at 4:00 p.m. in the meeting room. Come and make a beaded necklace!
- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Beginning Fiction Writer's Workshop, 2010
Steven F. Havill, well known author of the "Posadas County" series, modern police procedurals set in New Mexico, will be conducting his Beginning Fiction Writer's Workshop, starting Thursday, January 21, 2010, at 6:00 P.M. at the Arthur Johnson Memorial Library. This workshop is an eight week program and a schedule will be provided during the first workshop for those in attendance. Mr. Havill has written westerns, southwest, and historical novels. His work sells all across the country. He uses his experience as a published author to help beginning fiction writers do the best work possible, with an eye to publication. If you have started a novel, want to write a novel or are interested in learning the ins and outs of writing for publication, come to Mr. Havill's Beginning Fiction Writer's Workshop and hone your craft.