Arthur Johnson Memorial Library is pleased to announce a public competition to design a Library logo. Entry to the competition is open to all individuals who are at least 18 years of age. The rules of the competition are included below.
We look forward to receiving your entry.
Purpose To acquire a logo for the Library for use on web sites, computer desktops, printed matter, and so on. (This list is not exhaustive.) Guidelines · The logo must pertain directly to the Arthur Johnson Memorial Library.· The logo must be original work of the submitter.· The logo should be usable in monochrome and color media Limited to 2 or 3 colors, on 8½ x 11 sized paper.· The logo must not exploit or offend anyone's sex, race, religion, morality, culture, nor be salacious or pornographic.· The logo must contain the name or initials of our Library.· Designs will not be returned to the designers.· No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, submitted past the deadline, or damaged.· Any submissions which do not satisfy the above "Guidelines” will be automatically disqualified without explanation. Submission deadline May 26, 2007 by 5:00 pm Participation The competition is open to all designers over the age of 18 except those who are a part of the Library Board, Friends of the Library, or are employed by the Library. Family members of those exceptions are also excluded. Prize $100.00 (provided by the Friends of the Library) Submission format Each submitter will be given a form to fill out for each submission, (This form can be picked up at the library or requested by submitter) which contains a number that submitter must add to their submission. Copyright The winning submission will automatically become the property of the Arthur Johnson Memorial Library, which will hold sole ownership and all rights to the logo, and the winning designer will disclaim any trademarks and without limitation all other rights related to the design. By submitting a logo for entry in the competition, the designer acknowledges that he/she is the person that made the logo and is its rightful owner. The designer also certifies that the logo does not infringe upon the rights of any third party and that it does not violate any copyright.
Judging of Competition
All entries will be judged by the Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board Members. Winner of this competition will be announced on June 5, 2007. (If no entries are deemed suitable, the Arthur Johnson Memorial Library reserves the right to reopen or cancel the competition.)
"Essential Oils For Women's Health"
- "Essential Oils for Women's Health", a FREE class presented by Tarin Giacomo, will be held at the library on Saturday, October 14th, at 2:00 p.m. Learn how to support balanced hormone levels, healthy immunity, a restful night's sleep and more using natural essential oils. We look forward to seeing you!
- Crafts With Nikkie, a new children's program, will be held on Thursday, August 17th at 4:00 p.m. in the meeting room. Come and make a beaded necklace!
- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.