- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Raton Science Cafe : "Giant Waves and Rogue Waves"
The Raton Science Cafe will meet at the library Thursday, December 9, 2010, at 7:00 P.M. The topic will be Giant Waves and Rogue Waves. A collection of the best 90 slides from five different sources will be shown. Giant waves can be surf waves, tsunami waves, and rogue waves. Their power is illustrated by many photographs of damageed ships and oil rigs; and in a few instances - the actual rogue waves. A handout shows 21 of the favored locations of rogue waves. Viewers may also have a CD-ROM copy of the presentation. If you are interested in reading up on the subject beforehand, the library holds a copy of "The Wave: In Pursuit of the Rogues, Freaks, and Giants of the Ocean", a best-selling non-fiction book by author Susan Casey. The presentation will be followed with food and drink refreshments.