What are we thankful for? For you. There are lots of reasons to be thankful for our patrons, so I thought I would list some:
1. Without the public, there would be no reason for this library to exist.
2. We have two new groups using our free meeting room. Thank you!
3. People who haven't ever been in the library before have come to "Nature Tales". . . how exciting!
4. Thank you for telling us when you have a new grandchild, get engaged, are taking a wonderful trip, stories about your pets, whether or not you have your Christmas shopping done, and the fact that you appreciate us - not just the library, but us, as individuals.
5. Our two book clubs - one formed by adults this year, and one brand new one started by grade schooler, Ginger Baird. Good job!
6. Those who bring us fun things, like the holiday donations Daniel Hicks gives us all the time. Thank you, Daniel!
7. Noticing the effort we go to to decorate the library for special times.
8. Checking out books in special displays.
9. Using our movie collection since we don't really have a special place to rent DVD's in town any more.
10. Telling us jokes, asking how we are, giving us the kind of 'hard time' that means you like us.
11. Donating books, movies, audio books, magazines and furniture.
12. For so many coming to "Zoo To You" last August that the line snaked out the door, down the front steps and down the sidewalk. What a turnout!
13. Showing up in droves on Monday afternoon, after we have been closed on Sunday.
14. Using the book drops so your books won't be late.
15. Paying overdue fines without fussing.
16. Telling us which are your favorite paintings in the library.
17. Being just as amazed as we are the "Little House on the Prairie" was once a banned book.
18. Using our computers all the time. . .ALL THE TIME.
19. Showing patience when we are short handed and you have to wait in line.
20. Understanding when we make a mistake.
21. Coming to the library, using the library, appreciating the library.
"Essential Oils For Women's Health"
- "Essential Oils for Women's Health", a FREE class presented by Tarin Giacomo, will be held at the library on Saturday, October 14th, at 2:00 p.m. Learn how to support balanced hormone levels, healthy immunity, a restful night's sleep and more using natural essential oils. We look forward to seeing you!
- Crafts With Nikkie, a new children's program, will be held on Thursday, August 17th at 4:00 p.m. in the meeting room. Come and make a beaded necklace!
- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.