The will be a DUAL BOOK SIGNING featuring two authors on Saturday, April 30th, at the Arthur Johnson Memorial Library from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. The authors are Kurt Jansen and Sharon Niederman. Both of their books focus on different aspects of New Mexico.
"Vermejo Park Guides:
Their Stories" by Mr. Jansen is sure to be of interest for hunters,
history buffs and those interested in books on northeast New Mexico and
Colfax County. The biographies and stories of these guides cover the past and present and are a wonderful account of the 'guiding' life at Vermejo Park Ranch.
"The New Mexico Farm Table Cookbook: 150 Homegrown Recipes from the
Land of Enchantment" is for anyone interested in food in New Mexico with
a cultural twist.. Long before 'farm to table' eating became a
national trend, New Mexico's small farms and ranches provided for its
families and communities. This book celebrates the authentic, local
ingredients of a true melting pot that combines Native American,
Spanish, American and Mexican cultures and their delicious cuisines.
Both books make a great addition to personal libraries or wonderful
gifts for those people you know will appreciate them. Come down and
enjoy yourself meeting the authors and talking about their work.
- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.