The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library has always accepted donations. The most frequent donations have always been books. We also accept magazines (which are placed on the Friends of the Library sale shelf, but are given away free of charge), as well as DVDs and audio books. These donations have added enormously to the reading, viewing and listening pleasure of library patrons over the years. While we cannot put every book, movie and audio book we receive on the shelves, we do go through each donation item by item. Those not added to the collection are given to the Friends of the Library. The FOL sell these donations and the money made by this independent support group is used entirely for the library's benefit.
In the past we have received donations in the form of art, items to display, a DVD player and holiday decorations.
Recently we have received book shelf donations from Mr. and Mrs. Steven Havill. We have used these shelves to expand the youth fiction section, the adult fiction section and the large print section.
And, as always, we accept monetary donations from generous individuals and groups whose pleasure in and support of this library has made it possible to serve our many patrons with even more materials in a pleasant environment.
Thanks to all of you who have thought of us as recipients of your donations.
- Crafts With Nikkie, a new children's program, will be held on Thursday, August 17th at 4:00 p.m. in the meeting room. Come and make a beaded necklace!
- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.