"Essential Oils For Women's Health"
- "Essential Oils for Women's Health", a FREE class presented by Tarin Giacomo, will be held at the library on Saturday, October 14th, at 2:00 p.m. Learn how to support balanced hormone levels, healthy immunity, a restful night's sleep and more using natural essential oils. We look forward to seeing you!
- Crafts With Nikkie, a new children's program, will be held on Thursday, August 17th at 4:00 p.m. in the meeting room. Come and make a beaded necklace!
- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Pre-School Story Hour - Introduce Your Child to the World of Story Books!
Young children love to have someone read them a story. The magic of a story book is one of the best gifts you can give a child too young to read to themselves. Early introduction to books (with lots of pictures!) teaches a child early about reading. Since reading is something they will do their whole lives, whether it is in school, for fun, with a book, or on the computer, the library would like to help awaken your child's interest in reading. Come to Pre-School Story Hour every Wednesday morning at the library, 10:00 A.M., and bring your pre-school children of any age. Not only will they listen to and look at great story books, they will interact with other children and make a project to take home each week. Just one hour a week in the world of books will do your child a world of good!