Summer Story Hour 2015 "Every Hero has a Story" ended on July 28, 2015. We here at the library would like to thank everyone who participated in our summer programs. It was a lot of fun for everyone.
School will be starting soon here in Raton and we will be here for the students, teachers and parents to help find information, you need. School will start on the August 24 &25. Teachers may check books out on "program" for use in the class room. Ask at the front desk.
We will be starting Pre-k story hour on Wednesday, August 19, 2015, from 10 to 11 am, and the Craft hour will began again on Friday, August 21, 2015, at 3 to 4 pm. These programs are free to the public and open for all ages. We do recommend that children under 10 be accompanied by an adult or older sibling.
We are currently working on getting a class together for Mr. Steven Havill to be held in October. As more information comes available we will get it out to you.
This fiscal year we are also planing to hold some free computer training classes. Those classes will be: Computers for the Very Beginner, E-mail, Publisher, and Word. If you have any suggestions on computer classes you would like to see at the library please feel free to give us a call.
The Raton Science Cafe will be returning to the 2nd Thursday of every month starting on October 8, 2015 at 7 pm.
There will be other programs announced as we get them scheduled.
Address: 244 Cook Avenue
Raton, New Mexico 87740
"Essential Oils For Women's Health"
- "Essential Oils for Women's Health", a FREE class presented by Tarin Giacomo, will be held at the library on Saturday, October 14th, at 2:00 p.m. Learn how to support balanced hormone levels, healthy immunity, a restful night's sleep and more using natural essential oils. We look forward to seeing you!
- Crafts With Nikkie, a new children's program, will be held on Thursday, August 17th at 4:00 p.m. in the meeting room. Come and make a beaded necklace!
- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.