The library now has three Family Passes that provide free entry to fifteen museums and historic sites in New Mexico. These passes are provided by the New Mexico State Library through the Department of Cultural Affairs. The passes provide free entry for up to six people and check out for one week, with applicable fines or replacement costs for overdue or lost passes. They are available for checkout at the library through August 31st, 2016.
The museums and historic sites are:
1. New Mexico Museum of Space History (Alamogordo)
2. National Hispanic Cultural Center (Albuquerque)
3. New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Albuquerque)
4. New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum (Las Cruces)
5. Museum of Indian Arts and Culture (Santa Fe)
6. Museum of International Folk Art (Santa Fe)
7. New Mexico History Museum/ Palace of the Governors (Santa Fe)
8. New Mexico Museum of Art (Santa Fe)
9. Coronado Historic Site
10. El Camino Real Historic Trail Site
11. Fort Selden Historic Site
12. Fort Stanton Historic Site
13. Fort Sumner Historic Site/Bosque Redondo Memorial
14. Jemez Historic Site
15. Lincoln Historic Site
A map on the back of each pass shows the general location in the state of each museum and site. A Borrower's Agreement must be signed at the time of checkout (signature in blood not required - ink will do.)
This is the year to travel our wonderful state and get in free to each of these great locations!
- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.