- Crafts With Nikkie, a new children's program, will be held on Thursday, August 17th at 4:00 p.m. in the meeting room. Come and make a beaded necklace!
- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.
Wednesday, November 4, 2015
New Writer's Group
Are you interested in participating in a Writer's Group? There will be a meeting Friday, November 13, at 10:00 a.m. for those who would like to form a new group. Beginning writers, experienced writers, published or unpublished, all are welcome. There is no criteria for joining this group other than having an interest in any kind of writing. Want to write your memoirs for your family? Are you interested in writing fiction, non-fiction, articles in your area of expertise, blogging? Come and join the like-minded. You can bring samples of your work or not, just as you choose. There will be various discussions with a view to beginning or improving your writing skills and meeting your own personal writing goals. If you enjoy writing and spending time with writers, this is the group for you!