"Essential Oils For Women's Health"
- "Essential Oils for Women's Health", a FREE class presented by Tarin Giacomo, will be held at the library on Saturday, October 14th, at 2:00 p.m. Learn how to support balanced hormone levels, healthy immunity, a restful night's sleep and more using natural essential oils. We look forward to seeing you!
- Crafts With Nikkie, a new children's program, will be held on Thursday, August 17th at 4:00 p.m. in the meeting room. Come and make a beaded necklace!
- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.
Thursday, June 1, 2017
New AWE Literacy Station at the library for children.
The AJM Library is happy to announce that we now have an AWE Learning Station. This AWE Station is geared for children aged 2 to 8 with over 70 pre-loaded programs (no internet connection for safety purposes) and 4,000 activities that promote literacy and school readiness. These programs follow the STEM/STREAM learning goals with activities in numbers/math, letters/reading including sight words, phonics and writing, science, social studies/geography, art and music. It includes a color coded keyboard to help children locate letters, numbers, symbols and command keys, as well as a mouse and touch screen, Before we had installed it one hour, a four year old came in with his mother and headed directly to it. This AWE Station sits in the children's section and we hope both children and parents will enjoy using this very child friendly and happy way to learn early and keep ahead in the early grades. Come take a look! (Please sign up at the front desk for use.)