"Essential Oils For Women's Health"
- "Essential Oils for Women's Health", a FREE class presented by Tarin Giacomo, will be held at the library on Saturday, October 14th, at 2:00 p.m. Learn how to support balanced hormone levels, healthy immunity, a restful night's sleep and more using natural essential oils. We look forward to seeing you!
- Crafts With Nikkie, a new children's program, will be held on Thursday, August 17th at 4:00 p.m. in the meeting room. Come and make a beaded necklace!
- The library has a new AWE Literacy Station geared for children aged 2 to 8 years old. (See post.)
- Book signing for author of "The Adventures of Stinkerpup" Isis Grayling on Saturday, June 3, from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming! Beginning Wednesday, June 14th, this seven week program will continue every Wednesday from 10 - 11 a.m. through July 26th. (See post.)
- The Arthur Johnson Memorial Library Board will hold their next meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the library.
- Are you interested in joining a new Writer's Group? Meetings held on Fridays, at 10:00 a.m. This is for any writer who wishes to meet with other writers. Beginners, experienced, published, unpublished, writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, bloggers - all are welcome.
- Preschool Story Hour is conducted every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. We read books to the children and there is a project every week. It's never too soon to introduce your children to the library!
- Schedule a meeting at the library. Call 445-9711 to get on the calendar in advance. The library stays open until 6:00 P.M., Monday - Saturday, except for Thursday, when it stays open until 9:00 P.M.
Thursday, June 1, 2017
Summer Story Hour "Make A Better World" is coming!
Summer Story Hour, "Make A Better World!", is coming! A seven week program, it will begin on Wednesday, June 14th and continue every Wednesday through July 26th from 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. There will be reading, crafts and handouts from children through preschool and younger through the 5th grade. (Older children who are interested are also welcome.) As always, we will hand out reading logs each week. As children read or are read to during the week, each title should be written down on the log and turned in the next week at Story Hour. They can also count the books read to them during Story Hour. According to how many books are logged, they will be given library dollars to spend in the library store which carries prizes for various 'prices'. The handout for the first week will be a book for each child to take home and keep, purchased by the library through the Scholastic Literacy Partnership. Looking for something for your children to do? Summer Story Hour Makes a Better World!